The short video below explains the application process. More detailed information, with step-by-step instructions, is listed below the video.
Fall semester applicants:
Apply before April 1st* / May 1st. Applications open in October of the year before you start.
Spring semester applicants:
Apply for October 1st* / November 1st. Applications open in July of the year before you start.
* The first deadline is for students with a non-EEA nationality who need a residence permit.
All students who wish to study at a Dutch university need to register on Studielink. Studielink is the nation-wide, centralized registration system for all Higher Education. University College Roosevelt has a selective admissions process, and registering in Studielink is the first step of the application process:
- Go the page www.studielink.nl. If necessary, you can click on English in the top right-hand corner.
- If you live in the Netherlands, you need to sign in with your DigiD. If you do not live in the Netherlands, you can create a Studielink username and password by clicking on ‘Create Studielink Account without DigiD’. Fill out all the relevant details.
- Once you have signed in, check your enrolment history and click next.
- In the form that now opens, you can search for location Middelburg and choose the program ‘Liberal Arts & Sciences (University College Roosevelt)’. Click select.
- Now fill out your preferred start date (1 February or 1 September), type of enrolment (student), start as (first-year). Do not select higher-year, you will not be able to complete our enrolment.
- You will now need to answer some more questions. Answer those and then press confirm.
- Check all the information you filled out, tick the box at the bottom and press confirm again.
- You’re done with Studielink! You will receive some e-mails from Studielink about your registration, please do what these e-mails tell you to do.
Once you register in Studielink, you will receive an e-mail after about 5 minutes with a password and instructions to fill out your application in OSIRIS.
Your application consists of:
- the application form in OSIRIS,
- contact details of your referee (a teacher or counselor in your school who will write your letter of recommendation),
- grades list (in PDF),
- a diploma statement or copy of your completed diploma (in PDF),
- letter of motivation (max. 2 pages in PDF),
- a copy of your passport (in PDF).
You will need to complete the OSIRIS application form, submit details of your referee and upload the relevant documents in OSIRIS. Therefore, make sure to have your documents ready before you begin. You are able to save your application if you do not have all the information yet.
In many cases, you cannot include your final grades list at the time of application. In such cases, please include the most recent grades.
If you want to know more about what to include in your motivation letter, visit our FAQ page.
Once your application has been completed, it is reviewed. The Admissions Committee makes a decision on whether to invite you for an interview. If you are invited for an interview, we will e-mail you with the details. Again, please check your Spam folder if you have not heard from us.
If you are invited for an interview and live in the Netherlands or Belgium, we will schedule an interview at UCR, as we would like to meet applicants in person when possible and give each applicant the opportunity to meet us. Applicants from other countries will be invited for an online interview. For a bit more information on what to expect during your interview, check out the FAQ.
After reviewing your application and interview, the Admissions Committee will make a decision on whether to invite you to study at UCR. It is our aim to notify you of our decision within two weeks of the interview.
Once you have received and accepted the invitation to study at UCR, we will send instructions on how to complete your enrolment at UCR and Utrecht University.
Forms to support your application
Please note the following
UCR is a small university and with that comes a small admissions team. This means that the complete application process may take up to two months, from you registering in Studielink and submitting your complete application to the final decision.
UCR communicates with applicants via e-mail, so if you have not heard from us, make sure to check your spam folder. You may apply to UCR before receiving your diploma. This is fine, but please note that an invitation to study here is always conditional. Once you pass or complete your preceding studies, we can finalize your offer.
For questions, or if you did not pass the diploma you applied with, please contact the Admissions Office (email@example.com).
UCR will cancel applications in the following circumstances:
- The application deadline has passed and no completed application has been submitted by the prospective student after repeated reminders.
- The prospective student was rejected.
- The prospective student has not responded to an interview invitation or an offer after repeated reminders.
If you have questions about us cancelling your application, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.