In order to thrive at UCR, we ask you to meet several requirements concerning your diploma, experience in Mathematics, and English proficiency. More specific information regarding each of these can be found in the boxes below.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Applicants who have or who will have completed at least 6 VWO (ASO), HBO/WO propedeuse, or the equivalent (e.g. International Baccalaureate, European Baccalaureate, British A-levels, Abitur), are eligible to apply. Applicants who have completed their high school degree and have since gained university credit are also eligible to apply.
For a complete overview of international degrees which may grant admission to our program, please consult our ‘International Diploma Requirements’ overview here. If you have any questions about eligibility based on the degree, please feel free to contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: In addition to the general requirements, all Chinese students must apply for a “Nuffic Certificate” before their visa application can be submitted. This includes taking an IELTS or TOEFL test. For more information click here.
All applicants must have taken Mathematics in high school (Dutch: A through D are all acceptable).
An exception holds for those who are thinking of majoring or minoring in Engineering, as they will be required to have done a higher level Mathematics:
- Dutch VWO with Math B
- IB Diploma with Math SL (6 or 7) or HL
- 3 Academic A-levels with B-B-B, one of which is Math
- American High School Diploma + 4 APs with 3 or higher, one of which is Calculus AB or BC
- An international equivalent, contact email@example.com if you are unsure.
Since English is the official language at UCR, non-native speakers are required to demonstrate proof of proficiency. The following requirements are applicable:
Take an English proficiency test
Accepted are the IELTS test, TOEFL test, Cambridge Certificate and Anglia:
- CAE (C1 Advanced); minimum score B
- CPE (C2 Proficiency); minimum score C
- IELTS; minimum 7.0 overall band with none of the four skills below 6.5
- TOEFL; minimum Internet based 94
Have your English teacher complete the English Proficiency Form (only for VWO and ABITUR students)
Dutch VWO students: an English grade below 8. One of the tests as described above also counts as further proof. If your grade is higher than 8, you do not need to add further proof of English proficiency.
German ABITUR students: an English grade below 2 (9 points or less). One of the tests as described above also counts as further proof. If your grade is 2 or higher (10 points or more), you do not need to add further proof of English proficiency.
Some students are exempt from the English Proficiency requirement. This includes:
- Students who are native English speakers
- Students who have completed their education fully in English (e.g. IB, EB, AP, A-levels)
- Dutch VWO students with an 8 or above for English
- ABITUR students with English grade 2 (10 points or more)