Applying for a Transfer of Credit
When can I apply for transfer of credit?
Students who have completed one year (60 ECTS) at a Dutch university or an international equivalent may apply for transfer of credit. A maximum of 32 credits (60 ECTS / the equivalent of one year of academic work) may be accepted. Your request will be considered by the Registrar’s Office to determine how many credits may be accepted. This fully depends on the courses you have completed and the proposed area of study at University College Roosevelt.
Please note that only requests accompanied by complete course outlines/descriptions will be considered. Note that not all course work completed at a university can automatically be considered for transfer of credit. The Dutch educational system differs from many other educational systems, and this sometimes means that university course work is required to gain admission to a Dutch university in the first place. If you are not sure, please contact the Admissions Office. Keep in mind that evaluating diplomas/credits from international universities may take extra time, so make sure to send in your application sooner rather than later.
Transfer of credit requests will only be considered after a student has completed the admissions process. Once the transfer of credits has been approved, UCR will transfer 16 or 32 credits, the equivalent of one or two semesters; other options are not possible. The transfer offer will not be final until an official transcript or diploma has been received by UCR documenting all courses and grades. A minimum GPA or average grade may be required.
Transfer students should send:
1) A certified copy of the VWO/ASO diploma as well as a list of subjects and grades received (or an official transcript) of the university courses;
2) A list of courses in progress which will be completed prior to enrollment at UCR;
3) A letter of recommendation from the student advisor or mentor;
4) An essay or letter (max. 2 pages) relating to personal motivation, explaining why you would like to attend UCR; and
5) The Transfer of Credit Request Form